Grocery store accidents are unfortunately more common than you might think and can cause severe injuries. If you have been injured in a grocery store accident, you may be looking to recover compensation by filing a personal injury claim. To learn more about your eligibility to recover compensation for your damages and the steps you should take following your accident, continue reading. For assistance with your upcoming claim, do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced Connecticut personal injury attorney.
What steps should I take after being injured in a grocery store accident?
There are a few steps that you can take immediately following your grocery store accident that will protect your wellbeing and increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim. While you are still at the scene of the accident, take the following steps:
- Alert the police. The authorities will send an ambulance for medical treatment. They will also document the accident by conducting a police report.
- Alert the store manager of the accident. The manager should file a store incident report.
- Photograph the unsafe conditions that led to your accident.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information that may be able to corroborate your claim.
- After you have been treated medically, collect all medical documentation related to your treatment. These documents should state the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a Connecticut personal injury attorney who will assist you in recovering further evidence to support your claim.
- Do not post anything on social media after filing your claim.
What is the statute of limitations for grocery store accidents in Connecticut?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims after a grocery store accident is generally two years in Connecticut. This means that you will have two years from the date of your grocery store accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim. The sooner you can file your claim, the better. To get started with this process as soon as possible, do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced Connecticut personal injury attorney. Our legal team at the Law Office of Marc N. Needelman will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal and move forward with your life after a grocery store accident. Give our firm a call today to begin this process.
Contact Our Firm
Marc N. Needelman is an experienced attorney working throughout the state of Connecticut. If you need an attorney who is ready to fight for the financial compensation you deserve, please do not hesitate to contact us to set up a free initial consultation. Our firm deals with matters relating to real estate, personal injury, criminal defense, estate planning, and more.