While you and your family relax poolside this Memorial Day, it’s important to brush up on the important pool safety tips to consider all summer long. If you and your loved ones enjoy a summer day at the pool, it’s important to understand the safety hazards and precautions to consider each time you step foot in the water. If you have been injured in a pool accident, you should retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your options for compensation. We want you to be able to heal properly with the compensation you deserve; contact our firm today.
Pool Safety Precautions to Consider
Consider the following pool safety precautions to keep you and your family safe this summer season:
- Ensure that all guests can swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Do not swim while intoxicated
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
Pool accidents can result in serious injuries, if not death. If you have sustained injuries in a pool accident that was caused directly by the pool owner’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. If this sounds like your situation, it is important that you first retain the services of a knowledgeable and understanding personal injury attorney who will walk you through the claims process ahead.
The next step to take would be for your attorney to prove that your injuries were caused by the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. Proving negligence in a premises liability requires a skilled attorney who is willing to fight for your compensation. Your attorney will collect all necessary evidence to prove negligence caused your accident including witnesses to the incident, photos of the scene, and medical documents for the treatment of your injuries. To get started today, contact our knowledgable personal injury attorney so you can achieve the compensation you deserve.
Contact our Firm
Marc N. Needelman is an experienced attorney working throughout the state of Connecticut. If you need an attorney who is ready to fight for the financial compensation you deserve, please do not hesitate to contact us to set up a free initial consultation. Our firm deals with matters relating to real estate, personal injury, criminal defense, estate planning, and more