As the summer comes to a close, you may forget the useful pool safety tips that you have considered throughout the season. This Labor Day, it is important to refresh your memory on the safety precautions to take that will keep you and your loved ones safe at the pool. To avoid swimming pool accidents over the long weekend, continue reading.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
Keep in mind the following pool safety tips this Labor Day to ensure you and your loved ones are safe while spending time in and around the pool over the long weekend:
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
If you believe that you have been injured in a swimming pool accident due to the negligence of the pool owner, you may have a valid premises liability claim. To recover the financial compensation you require to heal, you should first retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to prove that negligence caused your damages in a premises liability claim. To support this claim, they will have to prove that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety.
Evidence will be obtained by your attorney to support your claim including medical documentation from the treatment of your injuries, witness statements from individuals who saw your accident happen, photos of the scene of the accident, and more. To learn more about what to expect throughout this process, give our experienced personal injury attorney a call. We would be happy to walk you through each step of the legal process ahead.
Contact our Firm
Marc N. Needelman is an experienced attorney working throughout the state of Connecticut. If you need an attorney who is ready to fight for the financial compensation you deserve, please do not hesitate to contact us to set up a free initial consultation. Our firm deals with matters relating to real estate, personal injury, criminal defense, estate planning, and more.