Fireworks are a huge part of 4th of July celebrations across the country. Before the holiday begins, it is important to go over the top fireworks safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe. Continue reading to discover what to do if you have been injured in a fireworks accident. Reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to learn more about our services and to discuss how we can assist your upcoming personal injury claim.
Fireworks Safety Tips
Refresh your memory on the following important fireworks safety tips to consider this 4th of July:
- Do not buy any fireworks that come in brown paper. These are professional-grade fireworks and may result in serious injuries if you are not an expert
- Do not consume drugs or alcohol while lighting fireworks.
- Back away quickly after lighting a fuse.
- Do not let pets outside. Fireworks can cause them to run away or suffer from anxiety.
- Ensure you have a fire extinguisher and garden hose on standby in case of a fire.
- Never throw or point fireworks at another person.
- Do not try to relight “dud” fireworks that don’t initially go off. This may lead to burns.
- Ensure all spectators are a safe distance away.
- Douse all fireworks in cool water before throwing them away.
- Do not light fireworks, or certain types of fireworks, if they are illegal in your area.
- Always wear protective glasses when setting off fireworks.
- Only light one firework at a time.
- Never light a firework in your hand.
- Always light fireworks outdoors.
- Wear eye protection.
- Do not allow children to handle fireworks. Fireworks should only to handled by responsible adults.
- Never stand over fireworks before setting them off.
What should I do if I am injured in a fireworks accident?
If you have been harmed in a fireworks accident due to another property owner’s negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation in a premises liability lawsuit. To begin the claims process, it is best to recover evidence regarding your incident including witness statements, photos of the scene of the accident, photos of your injuries, medical documents relating to your injuries, and a police report. Reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to begin your journey to compensation. Do not hesitate to give our firm a call today to learn how we can assist your upcoming personal injury claim.
Contact our Firm
Marc N. Needelman is an experienced attorney working throughout the state of Connecticut. If you need an attorney who is ready to fight for the financial compensation you deserve, please do not hesitate to contact us to set up a free initial consultation. Our firm deals with matters relating to real estate, personal injury, criminal defense, estate planning, and more.