Car accidents can be horrifying and traumatic experiences, and that is certainly not helped when we learn that our accident happened because of another driver’s carelessness and negligence. Even if we aren’t physically injured, a car accident can leave significant emotional and psychological wounds. Given the potential gravity of a car accident, you should always hire a car accident attorney when seeking compensation. From a small fender bender involving only minimal damage to both vehicles to accidents that leave your car a complete wreck, you should always seek out representation to ensure the best possible outcome for yourself. Keep reading to learn the many ways that a Hartford County car accident attorney can help you in the wake of a car accident.
How Will a Car Accident Attorney Help Me Start My Case?
First and foremost, your attorney will help you by representing your interests with the insurance company. It is in the insurance company’s interest to settle things quickly for the least compensation they can. For this reason, it’s important to discuss your case with an attorney before you accept any settlement offer they give you. A good car accident attorney with field topics with insurance adjusters and representatives on your behalf, so you don’t have to worry about fighting those battles when you yourself are recovering from the car accident.
Your Attorney Will Begin Gathering Evidence
One of the most important things your attorney will do is start gathering evidence. There’s a lot to keep in mind in this regard and your attorney will appreciate your help, but not having to do this on your own is quite helpful.
Some ways your car accident attorney may investigate include:
- Identify possibly liable parties, as well as every possible source of insurance coverage to make sure your compensation is as large as possible
- Read through the police report, looking for any discrepancies or errors.
- Get photos of the accident scene, which they will analyze to find areas of congestion or areas where drivers may get confused
- Request and acquire video footage from security cameras near the scene
- Compile weather reports from the day of your accident
- Compile relevant medical records from both before and after the accident to build a picture for the court of how the accident affected you, and to help you understand the care and rehabilitative services you may need
- Consult and recruit expert witnesses like doctors and accident reconstructionists.
How Can I Find a Car Accident Attorney?
By finding this blog, you will have noticed the power of the Internet in locating results quickly. Not all car accident attorneys are the same, however. You should pay careful to a firm’s reviews, results, experience, location, and ability to provide legal support with compassionate advice.
At the law offices of Marc M. Needelman, we have decades of experience helping clients, and we’ll fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve.