Motorcycle accidents have the potential to cause severe injuries or even fatalities. Many of these accidents are caused by negligence on the road. As a motorcyclist, it is important to have a plan if this occurs to you. Taking the correct steps immediately following such a stressful and painful experience such as this will make an incredible difference in your future. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of another driver, reach out to an experienced motorcycle crash attorney at The Law Offices of Marc N. Needelman to walk you through the claims process and achieve the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Connecticut
Negligence is the most common factor when it comes to motorcycle accidents. The following negligence acts and human error contribute to motorcycle accidents most in Connecticut:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Using excess speed
- Texting or talking on the phone while driving
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to yield
- Lane splitting
- Sudden lane changes
- Driving while tired
- Failure to obey traffic signs
- Failure to obey the rules of the road
What steps should I take after being involved in a motorcycle accident?
Preparing a plan just in case you get into an accident is crucial. Being involved in an accident can create a frantic, stressful environment that many do not react well under. Having a plan in place will eliminate the struggle to know how to react. Follow these four steps after being involved in a motorcycle accident, especially if you have sustained any injuries:
- Call the police immediately so that they can conduct a police report. The police should also send an ambulance to the scene so anyone involved can seek medical attention. It is important to be seen by a medical professional after an accident even if you do not immediately notice injuries. It is possible that some injuries will not arise until days after the incident. Once you have been treated, collect all medical documents from your treatment.
- Have a short conversation with the other party only to obtain their contact and insurance information.
- Take photographs of any damage or injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced legal team with motorcycle accident experience. An experienced attorney will assist you to recover significant compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and any other burdens you may have faced as a result of the accident.
What is the statute of limitations for motorcycle accidents in Connecticut?
The statute of limitations is a law that sets an allotted amount of time that parties have to take legal action from the date of the offense. For motorcycle accidents in the state of Connecticut, the statute of limitations is two years. It is important to take legal action within this time period to avoid being barred from suing. Do not wait to bring attention to your claim. Reach out to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney today to receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact our Firm
Marc N. Needelman is an experienced attorney working throughout the state of Connecticut. If you need an attorney who is ready to fight for the financial compensation you deserve, please do not hesitate to contact us to set up a free initial consultation. Our firm deals with matters relating to real estate, personal injury, criminal defense, estate planning, and more.