When a person is involved in an accident, it can often result in severe physical, emotional, and financial burdens. This may lead them to pursue legal action in order to recover compensation in order to cover these damages. In these situations, it is important to retain the services of an experienced Connecticut personal injury attorney for help with your case. To begin this process, an initial consultation must take place.
What Should I Bring to the Meeting?
It is important to prepare for a first meeting with a personal injury attorney. To do so, you must gather any documentation that pertains to your case. With this information, the attorney can have a better understanding of your case and the injuries you sustained. Documentation that can be helpful for your case can include the following:
- A written, chronological description of how the accident and your injuries occurred.
- A copy of the police report from the accident.
- The names and contact information of any witnesses to be used for testimony.
- Your medical records to prove your injuries.
- Receipts of any expenses related to the injuries. This can include any out-of-pocket expenses for treatment and in-home care.
- Photos or videos of the accident and your injuries
- Your insurance information. This can include health, automobile, renter, or homeowner policies.
- Any contact with the other party or their insurance company. This can include letters, emails, phone calls, etc.
- Any questions for the attorney regarding your case
What Questions Will I Be Asked?
While documentation is important for your case, it is not the only information that is required. In addition to this, a personal injury attorney will usually ask various questions regarding your life and case in order to represent you better. The questions that may be asked during an initial consultation can include:
- What injuries do you have? How are you feeling?
- Have you seen a doctor? What was the prognosis?
- Did you talk to any other lawyers or insurance representatives?
- What medical and automobile insurance coverage do you have?
- Did you give a statement about the accident to your insurance company?
- Where are you employed/what do you do? How long have you worked there?
- Have you ever been in an accident before?
Contact our Firm
Marc N. Needelman is an experienced attorney working throughout the state of Connecticut. If you need an attorney who is ready to fight for the financial compensation you deserve, please do not hesitate to contact us to set up a free initial consultation. Our firm deals with matters relating to real estate, personal injury, criminal defense, estate planning, and more.