Obtaining a Workers Compensation Hearing in Connecticut


If we have a contested issue with an insurance company or employer, whether it’s a medical treatment, payment of medical bills, authorization for treatment or benefits, and we can’t come to an agreement, then we can seek the assistance and intervention of the worker’s compensation commissioner. That commissioner is like a judge in the court system. He or she will hear the issue typically in an informal setting, make recommendations to the parties and if those recommendations are adhered to and agreed to by the parties, the issue is obviously resolved. However, if there isn’t an agreement that’s reached as a result of the commissioner’s intervention and review, then either the employee or the employer’s insurance company can ask for a formal hearing which is similar to a trial to resolve any dispute and interest. We’ll be there to work for you.

This informational blog post was brought to you by Marc N. Needelman, an experienced Hartford, Connecticut workers’ compensation attorney. If you have any questions, contact the law office to set up a free initial consultation. 

Read Our Latest Featured Blog

  •  What Are the Responsibilities of a Trustee?
  •  How Can I Prepare for a Consultation with a Lawyer?
  •  Is Stalking a Crime in Connecticut?